United Arab Emirates at the 2004 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|United Arab Emirates at the|
2004 Summer Olympics
|NOC||United Arab Emirates National Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||4 in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Saeed Al Maktoum|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
The United Arab Emirates National Olympic Committee sent a total of four men to the Games. Skeet shooter Saeed Al Maktoum reprised his role as the nation's flag bearer for the second time in the opening ceremony.
|Gold||Ahmed Al Maktoum||Shooting||Men's double trap||August 17|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Ali Mohammed Al-Balooshi||800 m||1:51.76||8||Did not advance|
|Ahmed Al Maktoum||Trap||121||=4 Q||144||4|
|Double trap||144 OR||1 Q||189 =OR|
|Saeed Al Maktoum||Skeet||114||37||Did not advance|
|Obaid Al Jasmi||100 m freestyle||54.17||58||Did not advance|
- Radley, Paul (19 July 2012). "UAE Olympic flagbearer Sheikh Saeed hopes honour will be lucky charm". The National (Abu Dhabi). Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "Shooter Almaktoum wins UAE's first gold at Athens Olympics". People's Daily. 17 August 2004. Retrieved 5 April 2014.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved June 4, 2011.
- "IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – Athens 2004 Entry Standards". IAAF. Retrieved 4 June 2011.