|• Mayor||Laura Iker (MR)|
|• Governing party/ies||MR, PS|
|• Total||34.05 km2 (13.15 sq mi)|
|• Density||380/km2 (980/sq mi)|
Esneux (Walloon: Esneu) is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Liège. On January 1, 2006, Esneux had a total population of 13,072. The total area is 34.05 km2 (13.15 sq mi) which gives a population density of 384 inhabitants per km².
Esneux consists of a series of villages : Esneux, Méry, Hony, and Tilff. They are all to be found in the valley of the Ourthe river south of Liège. A railway line links the 4 villages (and then continues further south to Luxembourg).
Although not popular with large numbers of international tourists, Esneux and Tilff do attract people from the local region, due to the local restaurants, the Esneux and Tilff castle, the bee-museum, and several parks.
- List of protected heritage sites in Esneux
- Été 67, rock band based in Esneux
- Léontine de Maësen, opera singer, born in Esneux in 1835
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Giant sequoia on the domaine du Rond Chêne
- Media related to Esneux at Wikimedia Commons
|This Liège location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|